14 Days Silk Road and Modern Cities Standard TourTour Route: Beijing, Urumqi, Kashgar, Turpan, Dunhuang, Xian, Shanghai
The No.1 Spring Water in the Desert-Crescent Moon Spring,World Largest Underground Military Museum-Terracotta Warriors Museum,The Largest Wooden Structure of the Ancient Building Group-Forbidden City,Much More time to dig More Highlights
After you arrive in Beijing, our local guide will pick you up and then drive to hotel for a good rest.Meals: No meal
Day 2 Beijing
Pick up service by your tour guide and driver in the morning.
You will start your Beijing day trip from the Tiananmen Square including Tiananmen Rostrum, the symbolic landmark of Beijing and China and other main buildings such as National Museum of China, Great Hall of the People, parliament building of China, etc. (30 minutes)
Afterwards, visit the Forbidden City, the largest imperial palace complex in the world. (2 hours)
After lunch, visit Summer Palace, the largest, most beautiful and exquisite imperial garden in the world. (90 minutes)
For dinner you will nejoy the famous Beijing Roast Duck.Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 Beijing
First visit Mutianyu Great Wall, which is the best preserved section of the Great Wall. Climb up the Great Wall, well-known for the longest defense wall in the world. (Cable Car is optional). (2 hours)
After lunch, visit Ming Tombs – Dingling, the mausoleum of Emperor Yongle who was the third emperor of the Ming Dynasty. (1 hour)
After dinner, enjoy Chinese foot massage. Foot massage can mobilize the inner potential of human body, strengthen our immunity from disease. Then driven back to the hotel, on the way, visit the Bird’s Nest from the exterior.Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 4 Beijing to Urumqi
In the morning, visit the Temple of Heaven, the largest building complex for worshiping the God of Heaven in the world(90 minutes). Then visit Take a rickshaw to visit Beijing Hutongs(90 minutes).
Driven to the airport to take a flight to Urumqi. Arrive in Urumqi and check in the hotel. Your silk road trips will soon begin.Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 5 Urumqi to Kashgar
Today you'll take a flight to Kashgar. Check in the hotel. Then pay a visit the Sunday Market, window of the ancient silk road visit both livestock market and main bazaar.Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 6 Kashgar to Urumqi to Turpan
In the morning, visit the Id Kah Mosque, the largest mosque in China built in 1442. And the Old Street of Kashgar, and the Abakh Khoja Tomb, the tomb for one family of five generations built in 1640. Also named fragrant Concubine tomb.
Afterwards, take a flight to Urumqi. You will be driven to Turpan from Urumqi.
Day 7 Turpan
In the morning, visit Jiaohe Ruins, lies ten kilometers to the west of Turpan, situated on an island in the middle of river waters flowing throug the Yarnaz Valley—the name itself means "at the confluence of two rivers." Next proceed to the famous Karez Well. Some people hold the view that Karez Wells of Xinjiang, the Great Wall and Canal constitute three Ancient Chinese Works. After that, you'll have a visit to the Sugong Pagoda. The pagoda displays the typical features of Uygur architecture. .Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 8 Turpan to Dunhuang
In the morning, you will visit the Gaochang Ruins. Gaochang was built in the 1st century BC, it was an important site along the Silk Road. It played a key role as a transportation hub in western China. After that, pay a visit to the Bizaklik Thousand Buddha Cave.
Then, our local professional guide will take you to visit the Buddhist Bezelkik Caves. These caves used to be palace temples of the Huihu Kingdom. Afterwards, you'll move to the Flaming Hill. The climate of this mountain is harsh and the temperature is extremely hot in the summer, the hottest spot in China with frequent temperature reaching over 50 °C or higher. Afterwards, take an overnight soft sleeper train to Dunhuang.Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 9 Dunhuang
In the morning, your guide will pick you up from the train station. Then transfer to visit the famous Mogao Caves, containing some of the finest examples of Buddhist art spanning a period of 1,000 years. Next stop is Dunhuang Museum. Boasting a rich collection of over 4000 pieces of precious cultural and historical relics, the museum reflects the flourishing social development and cultural exchange between China and the West during the time when Dunhuang was a major center along the Silk Road.Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 10 Dunhuang to Xian
In the morning, visit the Echoing-Sand Mountain. Seen from afar, the mountain is just like a golden dragon winding its way over the horizon. Then move to the Crescent Lake, is a crescent-shaped lake in the oasis, 5 km southwest of the city Dunhuang. Next you'll experience a short Camel Riding.
Take a flight to Xian. Upon your arrival in Xian, your guide will meet you at the airport and help you check in the hotel.Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 11 Xian
Today you will go to take a Terrecotta Warriors and Horses travel, the greatest archaeological discovery of the 20th century (2 hours); and Qin Tomb, Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor (1 hour). Then head to the Big Wild Googse Pagoda, one of the most famous Buddhist pagodas in China (1 hour). After that, go ahead to visit a complex and well-organized system of defense for the city - Ancient City Wall (1 hour). At night, you will enjoy Dumpling Dinner (1 hour) and Tang Dynasty Dance Show (1 hour).Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 12 Xian to Shanghai
In the morning, visit the famous Great Mosque, the oldest and one of the most renowned mosques ( 1 hour).
In the afternoon, take a flight to Shanghai. Your guide in Shanghai will meet you at the airport, and help you check in the hotel.
Day 13 Shanghai
After breakfast, you will visit a place of peace and comfort in the heart of bustling Shanghai, Yuyuan Garden(1 hour). Then head to Jade Buddha Temple, a venerable and famous Buddhist temple in Shanghai. Next visit the Nanjing Road, the most famous shopping street in Shanghai. Atferwards, proceed to the Bund, home to international architecture with dozens of high buildings standing (40 minutes)and a large museum of ancient Chinese art, Shanghai Meseum(1.5 hours). At night, appreciate a fantastic Acrobatic Show.Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 14 Depart Shanghai
Today you will be transfered to the airport for your departure flight, tour ends.Meals: Breakfast
|Travel Period||2-5 travelers||6-9 travelers|
1. The price is based on stay in China four star hotels. If you want to deduct, upgrade or downgrade the hotel, please indicate this while sending the inquiry.
2. You will enjoy more discounts if there is more people join the tour.
3. Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Labor's Day (Apr 30-May 2, 2016) , China National Day Holiday (Sep 30-Oct 7, 2016), and Chinese Spring Festival (Jan 27-Feb 3, 2017).
1. All arrangements and first admission/entrance fees of scenic spots specified in the itinerary.
2. Buffet breakfast, Chinese lunch or dinner as listed in the itinerary.
3. Well-equipped commercial vehicle with excellent private guide and driver accompanied on your tour between airports, train stations, scenic spots and hotels.
4. Four-Star Hotel based on two persons sharing one room with twin beds. All hotels as listed in the itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast unless specified.
5. Airfare of Beijing-Urumqi, Urumqi-Kashgar, Dunhuang-Xian, Xian-Shanghai. Soft sleeper train from Turpan-Dunhuang.
6. Travel Agency’s Liability Insurance with your tour inside China.
7. Chinese government taxes and the city construction fees on your travel tour.
1. China entry visa fees.
2. International or domestic airfare or train tickets not included in the itinerary.
3. Meals not specified in the itinerary and extra and alcoholic or beverages during meals.
4. Tips for guides and drivers.
5. Personal expense: e.g. mini bar, personal telecommunications, laundry, excess baggage charges etc.)
6. Excursions and activities not included in itinerary.
7. Single room supplement.
Interested in this itinerary but would like to make changes to the hotels, destinations, sites, or anything else? Contact us here to customize this itinerary just for you.
All of the tour packages exclude the international airfares. We suggest you can book it one your own. You can compare the price between OTAs (Expedia, Priceline, Sky scanner...) and the airlines. When you have a confirmed date, set alarm and compare it always.
As the China Visa, we cannot apply for you as we are an China inbound travel company. However, we can send you our invitation letter with our company's official seal to you after you booked the tour from us, which could assist you to get China Visa from China embassy easily. Usually, we suggest you to apply the visa about one month or one month and a half before your travel date.
* Most hotels we offered in our tour package have WIFI in the lobby, and some of which have WIFI in hotel rooms. If you need the WIFI in your room, please make sure with your trip advisor.
* Department stores, supermarkets, boutiques, hotel and restaurants in most cities of China do accept the credit card with the sigh of MasterCard, VISA and JCB. However, it does generate commission charge. Please check the regulations with your bank manager.
Any part of this itinerary can be altered to fit your need, e.g. accommodation, add/skip city, tour length... Click below to tell us what you're looking for:Inquire about this trip
If you want to make some change about this itinerary, let us customize a private China tour for you to meet your requirements. You will get:
- 100% tailor-made trip
- Quality service at best value
- Authentic travel experiences